- 1st July, 2020 Yahoo India News
- Ludhiana police deploys drone to keep an eye on containment zones
Ludhiana (Punjab), July 01 (ANI): Ludhiana police deployed drone camera to monitor situation in containment zones. Drone is being used to identify violators of social distancing norms. 5,568 confirmed cases exist in the state of Punjab, with 1,557 active cases. Additional deputy commissioner of police (ADCP-1) Deepak Pareek said, “Drone has been deployed to keep a check. People run when they see police, drone acts as a surprise.”
- Caught on cam: Speedy car collides with tree in Ludhiana
Ludhiana (Punjab), July 01 (ANI): A speedy car collided with a tree in Ludhiana which left three people injured. Injured were taken to the hospital. The whole incident was captured on a CCTV camera. Police is investigating the matter.
- 30th June, 2020 Yahoo India News
- Ludhiana Police checking vehicles, spreading awareness among people amid coronavirus outbreak
Ludhiana (Punjab), June 30 (ANI): Police are checking vehicles and spreading awareness among people in Punjab’s Ludhiana amid coronavirus outbreak. Frontline workers are performing their duty diligently during COVID-19 crisis. Police are conducting sampling and testing of around 100-150 people every day. There are over 1500 active cases of COVID-19 outbreak in Punjab.
- 17th June, 2020 Yahoo India News
- 30 police personnel in Ludhiana quarantined
Ludhiana (Punjab) [India], June 16 (ANI): Thirty police personnel, who came in contact with four criminals who were arrested recently and tested positive for COVID-19, have been quarantined. "Four criminals who were arrested recently in different cases have tested positive, after which 30 policemen
- 11th June, 2020 Yahoo India News
- COVID - 19: Farmers in Ludhiana facing labourer shortage amid paddy cultivation
Ludhiana (Punjab), June 11 (ANI): Farmers are facing shortage of labourers as they begin paddy cultivation in Punjab’s Ludhiana. They are suffering from shortage of staff as labourers have gone to their hometowns amid coronavirus pandemic. Farmers cannot afford expensive machines for the paddy cultivation. While speaking to ANI, one of farmers, Jugraj Singh said, “Migrant labourers have gone to their home towns and labourers who are available are demanding high charges.” “We cannot afford machines as they cost Rs 10-12 lakh,” he added.
- 6th June, 2020 Yahoo India News
- 4th June, 2020 Yahoo India News
- Unlock 1.0: Gym owners protest in Ludhiana
Ludhiana (Punjab), Jun 04 (ANI): Phased unlocking began on June 1 to bring back economic growth and certain relaxations were announced amid COVID-19 outbreak, however, opening of gyms remains prohibited. Uncertainty looms over future of gym owners, as they have suffered massively since lockdown was imposed in March. Owners were joined by fitness enthusiasts to demonstrate in Ludhiana.
- 23rd May, 2020 Yahoo India News
- Parents protest against school fee hike in Ludhiana amid lockdown
Ludhiana (Punjab), May 23 (ANI): A large number of parents held protest against school fee hike in Punjab’s Ludhiana on May 23. Parents complained of fee hike and protested outside Shamrock Christian Senior Secondary School of Ludhiana. School authorities are not following guidelines of High Court. There are 2029 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Punjab. According to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, the total number of COVID-19 active cases are 69,597 and 3720 deaths in India.
- 16th May, 2020 Yahoo India News
- Cottage industries resume operations in Ludhiana
Ludhiana (Punjab), May 16 (ANI): Punjab government gave green flag to cottage industries in non-containment mixed use areas. After the announcement, hosiery and several other factories resumed their work. However, the micro industries are facing shortage of labourers.
- 14th May, 2020 Yahoo India News
- Ludhiana cycle industry encouraged after stimulus package announcement
Ludhiana (Punjab), May 14 (ANI): Cycle industries are hoping to gain momentum after the announcement of stimulus package. Industry is gradually resuming operations after relaxations in coronavirus lockdown. There has been demand of relief package for upgradation of machinery. PM Modi on May 12 announced package of Rs 20 lakh crore to boost the economy.
- 4th May, 2020 Yahoo India News
- Police garland lockdown violators in Ludhiana
Ludhiana Police garlanded people violating COVID-19 lockdown guidelines. They appealed them to stay indoors during coronavirus pandemic. There are 76 COVID-19 positive cases in Ludhiana district. There are total 480 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Punjab. According to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, the total number of COVID-19 active cases rose to 26,167 with 1218 deaths in India.
- 3rd May, 2020 Yahoo India News
- 25th April, 2020 Yahoo India News
- Vegetable farmers bearing brunt of lockdown in Ludhiana
Ludhiana (Punjab) [India], April 23 (ANI): The nationwide lockdown has strongly affected farmers in Ludhiana as their produce has been destroyed due to lack of fertilizers and pesticides. A farmer named Manish has suffered a loss of at least Rs 50,000 after the lockdown was imposed due to COVID-19 spread
- 20th April, 2020 Yahoo India News