- 19th June, 2022 The Tribune India
- Miraculous escape for youth as car rams into trees near Majri village
A youth had a miraculous escape when the car he was driving, collided with trees on outskirts of the Majri village, along the Payal-Bija road, on the intervening night of Friday and Saturday.
- Local Bodies Department gears up to prevent spread of water - borne diseases
Rank and file in Local Bodies, Health and Public Health Department has been asked to pull up their socks to undertake preventive measures for checking the spread of water and vector-borne diseases in the region.
- Mandi Ahmedgarh: Security beefed up following Agnipath protests in region
Following reports of Agnipath protests reaching this part of Malwa, the administration has beefed up security in the region with special focus on safety of railway stations situated on the Ludhiana-Dhuri rail tracks.
- Five Ludhiana Central Jail inmates booked for extortion
The police booked five inmates of the Central Jail, Ludhiana, who extorted Rs 5,000 from two another jail inmates by threatening them.
- 52 - year - old Ludhiana man tests positive for swine flu
Amid a spike in Covid cases, one case of swine flu has been reported from Ludhiana. A 52-year-old man has tested positive for swine flu. He is admitted to the Dayanand Medical College and Hospital.
- 239 students awarded at GCG, Ludhiana
The Government College for Girls (GCG) held its 78th annual prize distribution function here today. Rajiv Kumar Gupta, DPI (Colleges), Punjab, presided over the function and distributed prizes among students. Dr Ashwani Bhalla, ADPI (Colleges), was the guest of honour on the occasion. Principal Suma
- Man arrested for killing friend in Ludhiana
The Dugri police today arrested a person on the charge of killing his friend a few days ago.
- MP Sanjeev Arora reviews ongoing projects in Ludhiana district
Rajya Sabha MP Sanjeev Arora reviewed various development projects of Ludhiana district. He directed officials concerned to accomplish all ongoing projects within the given time-frame.
- Ludhiana: 4 held with 3.25 - kg heroin worth Rs 16 cr
The Special Task Force (STF) wing of Ludhiana made a huge recovery of heroin here today with the arrest of four smugglers in three cases.
- Covid - 19: Doubling rate in Ludhiana at 4 - month low
As Covid cases and the positivity rate, a key indicator of virus surge, were rapidly rising, doubling rate has touched a four-month low this week with a dip of almost 94 per cent from a record high count of March in the district, official figures have revealed.
- 10% quota for Agniveers in CAPFs, Assam Rifles; upper age relaxed
As anti-Agnipath protests entered the fourth day with railway properties damaged in Bihar and West Bengal and 369 trains cancelled across India, the government today offered fresh concessions for Agniveers in yet another bid to calm tempers.
- 18th June, 2022 The Tribune India