- 18th June, 2022 The Tribune India
- Ludhiana: Sanitary staff demand regular jobs, stage stir
Members of the Sewermen Safai Karamchari Sangharsh Committee staged a protest outside the MC&rsquo;s Zone A office over the pending demands of sanitation workers. The union members have written a memorandum to the mayor to meet their demands otherwise they would intensify their agitation.
- Rain exposes Ludhiana MC?s preparedness
Tall claims of the Municipal Corporation of making required arrangements for the rainy season have fallen flat after waterlogging occurred in different areas as rains lashed the city on Friday.
- Atal Apartments: Trust allots 336 HIG, 151 MIG flats by draw of lots
The first high-rise housing project of Ludhiana Improvement Trust (LIT) took another step towards becoming a reality as 336 HIG and 151 MIG flats in the proposed &lsquo;Atal Apartment&rsquo; housing scheme were allotted through draw of lots held at Nehru Sidhant Kendra here today.
- In 10 yrs, 46,550 lives lost in road accidents in Punjab
As many as 56,959 accidents were reported and 46,550 persons were killed in road mishaps from 2011 to 2020 in the state, said a report compiled by the Punjab Road Safety and Traffic Research Centre.
- 4 held for kidnapping Ludhiana car dealer
The city police on Friday nabbed four persons on the charges of kidnapping a car dealer from Ludhiana&rsquo;s Haibowal locality and demanding a ransom of Rs 9.5 lakh from victim&rsquo;s family. The incident had occurred on Thursday evening.
- Boost to Punjab?s IT sector, private firms commit Rs 770 cr investment in FY22
Despite economic slowdown due to the Covid pandemic and other factors, the IT and electronics industry in Punjab witnessed a significant growth in the financial year 2021-22, attracting investments worth Rs 770 crore, an increase of nearly 67 per cent over the previous year.
- Lukewarm response to e - tenders forces Punjab Government to tweak excise policy
The state government is ready to amend its excise policy following a lukewarm response to its e-tendering process. It is likely to accept some of the demands of the liquor contractors.
- 17th June, 2022 The Tribune India
- Ration trucks flagged off for Amarnath shrine
Three trucks carrying ration for langar were flagged off at Shree Ram Mandir and Grain Market at the local town. The ration will be used to prepare langar at Baba Amarnath Dham and Baltal in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Rachhin residents vow to protect youth from drugs
Residents of Rachhin village have started a movement to protect youth from falling prey to drugs.&nbsp;
- BSF jawan saves Raikot woman from drowning in canal
The joint team of Punjab Police and the Border Security Force (BSF), deployed on Sangrur Lok Sabha bypoll duty at Kalian Bridge on Sirhind Canal proved to be a saviour for a Raikot woman, who jumped into the canal on Wednesday evening.
- Brother - sister duo dies, parents hurt in road accident
A brother-sister duo died in a road accident, while their parents suffered serious injuries after a rashly driven Tata 407 rammed into their Activa scooter from the rear near Basti Jodhewal chowk here today.
- Four arrested for attacking neighbours, cops
The Daresi police today arrested four persons who attacked their neighbour and even the police. The suspects have been identified as Ashok Gupta, Sachin Gupta, Deepak Gupta and Ajay Gupta.
- Trident Group?s ex - CFO booked for embezzlement
The Trident Group Limited has reported a multi-crore fraud in which its former Chief Financial Officer (CFO) has been booked for allegedly embezzling funds from the company to his personal bank accounts, the company has said.
- Jarkhar academy pugilists bag 3 gold medals in Khelo India Youth Games
Trainees of the Jarkhar Boxing Academy gave a stupendous performance by winning four medals in different weight groups, including three gold medals, in the Khelo India Youth Games held in Haryana. The achievement holds significance as the academy was started just six months ago and trainees excelled
- 30 - year - old dies of drug overdose
A 30-year-old man allegedly died due to drug overdose at Khursaidpura village near Sidhwan Bet. The Sidhwan Bet police registered a culpable homicide case against an unknown person yesterday.