- 16th June, 2022 The Tribune India
- Resident creates scene at Ludhiana CP office
A 53-year-old newspaper vendor, Mahinder Singh, a resident of Azad Nagar, took off his shirt at the Police Commissioner&rsquo;s office today, alleging inaction by the Daba police on a missing complaint filed by him. His son Sunny Ramana (35) is missing.
- Rain likely in next 24 hours in Ludhiana
High-velocity winds hit the city this evening, disrupting the power supply to several areas. However, the normal power supply was restored later. The temperature reduced in the evening, giving some relief to rresidents from the scorching heat.
- 17 fresh cases of Covid reported in Ludhiana
As the Covid-19 cases are rising, 17 new cases of the virus were reported from the district on Wednesday. The Health Department confirmed that five patients belonging to areas located outside the district had also tested positive for the virus.
- Ludhiana: Spurt in positivity rate as Covid raises head again
In what appears to be a matter of concern, Covid has again started raising its head with the daily positivity rate, a key indicator of the virus surge, rising over 80% in the district during the past fortnight.
- Punjab singer Chamkila's son Jaimaljit held with 1.70 kg opium
The local police today arrested Jaimaljit Singh, alias Jaimal, son of renowned Punjabi singer Amar Singh Chamkila, and his accomplice Raj Kumar Shinda for possessing 1.70 kg opium.
- Abohar: Man killed by son, wife
Abohar: A youngster along with his mother allegedly used a sharp-edged weapon to kill his father at Bhompura village. SHO Dinesh Saharan said Reshma Devi, wife of deceased Ram Ratan, had left him two years back and she came back four days ago. On Tuesday night, the couple got into an argument and th
- Many senior Punjab Police officers in touch with gangsters: Partap Bajwa
Congress Legislative Party leader Partap Bajwa today alleged several senior police officers were in touch with gangsters, as he questioned the performance of the state&rsquo;s Anti-Gangster Task Force.
- 15th June, 2022 The Tribune India
- From today, travel to Delhi airport at 60% cheaper rates
From tomorrow onwards, travel from Ludhiana to Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport in New Delhi will be cheaper by almost 60 per cent.
- Doraha MC chief Pappu joins AAP
Doraha MC chief Pappu joins AAP
- SC panel summons employment officer
SC panel summons employment officer
- Sangrur bypoll: Patwaris to boycott AAP candidate
The state body of the Revenue Patwar Union, Punjab, has threatened to boycott AAP candidate Gurmel Singh during the Sangrur Lok Sabha bypoll as a mark of protest against government&rsquo;s unconcern towards their demands.
- Get drains cleaned before monsoon, farmers urge admn
Get drains cleaned before monsoon, farmers urge admn
- BJP protests rising crime
The AAP&rsquo;s two-and-half-months regime has created a law and order situation in the state, said state BJP president Ashwani Sharma while making a clarion call to hold protests in the state against the total misrule in the state.
- Hotels, restaurants 'serve' liquor to minors in parties
Several hotels and restaurants in the city are allegedly serving liquor to children below 18 years of age when the latter throw a party on their premises. Due to the lackadaisical attitude of law-enforcing agencies, hotel owners prefer to look the other way, putting the lives of children at risk eve
- Rs 3 - lakh gunpoint robbery solved, five in police net
Rs 3 - lakh gunpoint robbery solved, five in police net