- 19th August, 2019
- Residents accuse cops of beating man in custody - Times of India
Residents accuse cops of beating man in custody
- Ludhiana braces for record Sutlej flow downstream from Ropar - The Indian Express
By Sunday evening, water level had started receding at Ropar Headworks, confirmed R P Singh, adding that it was a âgood signâ. At Phillaur Headworks, 60,000 cusecs is flowing downstream as of now.
- Flood alert in Ludhiana: 60 villages on standby after heavy discharge of water in Sutlej river - The Indian Express
On Sunday morning, Cabinet Minister for Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department Bharat Bhushan Ashu and Deputy Commissioner Pradeep Kumar Aggarwal visited areas along the Sutlej to review the preventive measures.
- Locals use makeshift bridge in Ludhiana village after heavy rains damage permanent one - Yahoo India News
After heavy rains damaged a bridge in Koom Khurd village in Ludhiana, locals made a makeshift bridge to cross the drain over which the bridge had been built. Shiromani Akali Dal MLA Sharanjit Singh Dhillon, who represents Sahnewal constituency in Ludhiana, while blaming the ruling Congress government, said despite the government surveying the area from helicopter, it did not make adequate arrangements for the people.
- Flood alarm: NDRF, SDRF stationed at three sub divisions of Jalandhar - Times of India
Flood alarm: NDRF, SDRF stationed at three sub divisions of Jalandhar
- 70 - year - old electrocuted to death in Ludhiana - Hindustan Times
He was pulling down the shutter of his shop when he got electrocuted
- 18th August, 2019
- No action against LIG flat violations - The Tribune
No action against LIG flat violations
- Damandeep, Shikha to lead LBA teams - The Tribune
Damandeep, Shikha to lead LBA teams
- Ludhiana: Interstate gang of vehicle thieves busted by Khanna police - Times of India
LUDHIANA: Khanna police busted an interstate gang of car thieves who used to sell the spare parts of the stolen vehicles.
- Ludhiana On Alert After Heavy Discharge Of Water In Sutlej In Punjab - NDTV News
The Punjab government put a precautionary alert in areas around the Sutlej river in Ludhiana city today after water was released from the Ropar Headworks in the river.
- NIPEF opposes privatisation of power distribution - Times of India
PATIALA: The Northern India Power Engineers Federation (NIPEF) has opposed the union government&#x27;s initiatives to &#x27;privatise&#x27; the power distribution ac.
- Patiala: Absent from duty, four women SIs face suspension | Ludhiana News - Times of India
Patiala: Absent from duty, four women SIs face suspension | Ludhiana News
- 3 of family killed as roof collapses near Ludhiana - Hindustan Times
Three members of a family were killed after the roof of their house collapsed in Haul village in Khanna near here on Saturday...
- Ludhiana: Precautionary alert in few areas around Sutlej river, amid Heavy Rainfall - PTC News
Amid heavy rainfall, aÂ precautionary alert has been sounded in few areas around Sutlej river. Likewise, Deputy CommissionerÂ Pradeep Agarwal on Sunday said, "2 lakh cusec water released from Ropar Headworks, it takes 5-6 hrs to reach Ludhiana.
- Despite rain alert, city knee deep in water - The Tribune
Despite rain alert, city knee deep in water