- Man found dead on railway tracks - The Tribune India
Man found dead on railway tracks
- Ludhiana court blast case: Five, including juvenile, arrested - The Tribune India
The Special Task Force of Punjab Police have arrested five people, including a juvenile,&nbsp;in the Ludhiana Court Complex blast case, which occurred on December 23, 2021. The case was being investigated by the National Investigating Agency (NIA).
- Youth ends life, ex - girlfriend booked - The Tribune India
A 22-year-old youth, Manish Kumar, committed suicide by hanging himself from the ceiling girder at his residence in Chawni Mohalla. His body was found hanging in his room on Sunday morning.
- Contractual bus staff continue protest - The Tribune India
The government bus service was hit on several routes as members of the Punjab Roadways, PUNBUS and PRTC Contract Workers Union, Punjab, continued their strike on Thursday. Over 100 government buses were not run on roads by the contractual employees due to which the Transport Department also suffered
- Ludhiana Court Blast: Punjab STF Arrests Alleged IED Supplier, Minor Among Three Other Suspects Held - ABP Live
Ludhiana Court Blast: Punjab STF Arrests Alleged IED Supplier, Minor Among Three Other Suspects Held
- Riot control, crowd management training for policemen to deal with emergency situations - The Tribune India
Realising the need for capacity building to deal with riots, the Punjab Police have started taking steps to prepare each cop on the lines of member of special contingents like Rapid Action Force and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
- Jagraon: Three boys drown in Sutlej - The Tribune India
Three children aged between 12-14 years were drowned in the Sutlej near here when they were trying to get rid of the scorching heat in the river on Thursday afternoon. Bodies of the two boys were recovered.
- 2 travel agents booked for duping youth of Rs 8L - The Tribune India
A 26-year-old unemployed youth from Balachaur in Nawanshahr was duped of Rs 8 lakh by travel agents of Ludhiana. The travel agents had reportedly promised the youth to send him to Portugal.
- F&CC meet today, decisions to be taken on about 300 resolutions - The Tribune India
The Municipal Corporation (MC) is planning to float tenders for inviting bidders for 50 per cent of the outdoor advertisement media sites that were surrendered by the existing contractor. A resolution regarding the advertisement tenders will be part of the agenda of the Finance and Contract Committe
- 4 armed robbers hold occupants captive, loot Rs 5.75L, gold jewellery - The Tribune India
Four armed robbers barged into a house on the Daba-Lohara road on the intervening night of Wednesday and Thursday and held occupants of the house captive at gunpoint. After breaking open the main entrance door leading to the first floor of the house, they took away Rs 5.75 lakh in cash, 12 tola gold
- Drive to motivate addicts to shun drugs - The Tribune India
The Crime Investigating Agency (CIA)-I today launched a novel initiative to motivate addicts to shun drugs. A special counselling session was held at the CIA office on Tajpur Road, which was attended by three drug addicts and their family members.
- Experts tell farmers to irrigate veggie crop at regular intervals - The Tribune India
Weather is expected to remain hot and dry during the period and heat wave is expected during the coming two to three days. Under such weather conditions, farmers have been advised by Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) to irrigate vegetable crops regularly at the interval of four to five days to av
- Elderly loses Rs 26.50L in cyber fraud - The Tribune India
A 77-year-old man, Ramesh Saggar, of Vikas Nagar, Pakhowal road, was duped by a cyber criminal of Rs 26.50 lakh. The accused posed himself as the son-in-law of the victim and urged the latter to send the money to some account number, stating that he would return the same in a few days.
- Man found murdered in fields - The Tribune India
A man working with a liquor contract company of former Congress MLA from Samrala Amrik Singh Dhillon was found dead in the fields at Bhagwanpura village this morning. He was brutally murdered by some unidentified persons.
- All police vehicles to have first aid kits - The Tribune India
The traffic police today organised a seminar for PCR cops and other vehicle drivers. In this seminar, training to give first aid to accident victims was imparted to cops.